No-Bake Cacao Protein Bites
Every once in a while I make a batch of these to keep on hand for when I'm busy or on the go. They're quick and easy to make and keep in the fridge for up to a week (or freeze in smaller portions to make sure you always have some available). There are lots of variations that can be made out of this recipe - You can swap the nuts for cashews, Brazil nuts, macadamia nuts or for a nut-free alternative simply add sunflower seeds and/or pumpkin seeds. I've added prunes to stimulate digestive health and motility but these could easily be swapped for any other dried fruits or berries. I've also added collagen powder to promote a healthy gut by providing healing nutrients that can support the integrity of the intestinal lining, however this is optional and could either be left out or swapped for another protein powder.
Makes approximately 30 bites
1.5 cups whole almonds (or any other nut/seed of your choice)
1 cup prunes
1 cup dates
6 Tbsps almond butter
3 Tbsps coconut oil, melted
6 Tbsps raw cacao powder
2 Tbsps chia seeds
3 Tbsps collagen protein (optional)
1. Pre-soak the nuts in filtered water for a minimum of 6 hours, then drain.
2. Add the nuts to a high-speed blender and blend for about 30 seconds.
3. Add all the other ingredients and blend until it forms a smooth paste.
4. Using your hands, roll the paste into bite-sized balls.
5. Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Have you tried this? Then please leave a comment and let me know how you got on.
Let's also connect on Facebook where you'll receive the latest updates, new recipes and MORE.